THE BENEFITS OF LED LIGHTING FOR COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES
The importance of LED lights for commercial properties cannot be overemphasized. Presently, many businesses and commercial property owners are switching to the use of LED lights due to its numerous benefits. LED lighting provides so many economic, health, financial and environmental benefits to your building; they are an efficient and long-lasting form of solid-state lighting. They also offer better color consistency and a higher level of uniformity in illumination and shadows.
For commercial properties, LED lighting provides an improved quality of light that will not only minimize errors, facilitate attractiveness, enhance the office look but also enhance safety. Other benefits of LED lighting for commercial properties include the following:
- LED lighting are long-lasting: They can last more than 50, 000 hours, unlike the compact fluorescent bulb that lasts around 20,000 hours. 50,000 hours means that the LED can be used for 11.4 years if they are on for 12 hours a day for one year. This saves the company a lot of money that would have been used for buying the traditional bulbs for regular maintenance.
- It reduces your carbon footprint: At present, almost all businesses are focused on energy conservation and being environmentally friendly, using LED lighting for commercial properties is an ideal way to reduce energy consumption. They use less electricity and produces fewer greenhouse gases; they also have the potential of reducing energy consumption of up to 75% for commercial properties.
- They require minimal maintenance: LED is made from high quality components that are durable. Depending which type of LED you buy Type A, B or C, this technology is very safe.
- Financial Savings: LED light makes use of little energy, and this drastically reduces how much you spend on your monthly utility bills. Also, the price of LED lighting bulbs that were a bit higher has drastically been reduced. Using LED lighting for commercial purposes qualifies the business for tax breaks under the enhanced capital allowance systems, which is a vital part of many government policies in managing climate change and encouraging companies to invest in energy-saving equipment. https://www.efficiencyalberta.ca/business-non-profit-and-institutional/
- Environmental Benefits: Another benefit of using LED lighting is that they do not have traces of mercury like the fluorescent and can be disposed of quickly. There is also a low health risk in instances where the LED breaks; you won’t have to deal with mercury, unlike the traditional light bulbs that release harmful chemical into the air when they break.
Finally, in the next few years, LED lights are projected to be used by almost 50 percent of homes and commercial buildings. A lot of people who are ready to build an eco-friendly environment that is energy efficient are already investing in LED lights. In some countries, federal governments are also bringing out new policies that support the use of LED lights for commercial properties. In the meantime, using LED lights in your commercial properties shows that you are also committed to building an eco- friendly environment because the LED light is energy efficient and they do not contain harmful chemicals.